Just for fun... I've been a long time fan of Strawberry Shortcake and her friends. I remember carefully choosing her on the shelves of the toy department when I was about 5 years old. I remember her scent, her pretty straight hair, the feel of her clothes, and not to be forgotten, her cute pink cat. Each of my friends had a different one, and we would get together to play Strawberry Shortcake, for what seems to be hours.


My one and only Strawberry Shortcake doll was well played with, and was lost sometimes as I grew older. I kept her little cat in a souvenir box.




Any one who knows my daughter knows how much she adores cats. So when she was 3 or so, I dug into the souvenir box to find Custard (the cat). She, too, fell in love. Then we went to Target to find my beloved Strawberry. We were in for a surprise... She was made of plastic from hair to clothes, her hair going all the way down her back with glamourous curls at the end (what's wrong with shorter straight hair?), and the outfit was, well, every other doll's outfit.




So I went on eBay and there she was, the way I remembered her. I've since added to our collection (it's my daughter's really, and she knows how unique the dolls are!) when birthdays come around. Yes they are more expensive than the 2012 version, but oh so much more special to us. Enjoy the pictures!